#2 Ted Talk

Topic:Don't eat the marshmallow
Speaker's nameJoachim de Posada
Duration6 minutes
Linkhttps://www.ted.com/talks/joachim_de_posada_says_don_t_eat_the_marshmallow_yet#t-99506

3 words/phrases I learn

gratification 滿足
pleasure or satisfaction, or something which provides this.
example:The children who were best at delaying gratification had better academic and social skills.

equivalent 相等的
having the same amount, value, purpose, qualities, etc.
example:This bag holds an equivalent amount, although the shape makes it look smaller.

reproduce 複製
to produce a copy of something, or to be copied in a production process.
to show or do something again.
example:Even if I wanted to I could't reproduce the same performance night after night.

I thoughts on the talk
After I watched this video, I know the reason why I don't have success.The most important ingredient that I am lack of  is patience. To me, I prefer to have a relaxed life rather than endure the challenge.So if I want to have a successful life, all I need to learn is being patient.Hope this change will improve my life and make me become a successful human.







Comments

  1. Just keep the two things in mind, that will help a lot: delayed gratification and discipline.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#4 BookBox

#5 edX